Several users have reported that they are unable to see their routes in the Activity app on the iPhone. This article explains how you can fix if you do not see the workout maps on your iPhone. You should be able you see your route. Simply open the Activity app and go to > Workouts > select a workout > and scroll down and tap the map thumbnail. When you tap the thumbnail, you will see a larger version of your route map. You will not see the map thumbnail if a map has not been recorded.
See this article if the Activity app is not working.
Your Apple Watch can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Apple Watch users can take advantage of mapping their routes for running, hiking, or walking, biking, or outdoor swimming. This means that your workout route captures a map summary of your workouts. For example, if you ran, hiked, or biked while wearing your Apple Watch, the Activity app on your iPhone will have a map of that route for you to review.
See this article if Exercise Ring is not working.
If a route map is not being recorded as expected, then the following steps may help.
You might have issues seeing the route and using the Activity app for one of these reasons:
- This feature is not available on all Apple Watch models. You need to have an Apple Watch 2 or later.
- Is your iPhone with you during your workout? When you run, walk, bike, or hike; your iPhone needs to be with you. Make sure that you keep your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together.
- Are Location Services enabled? Also, make sure that route tracking is enabled. You can check this by going to Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Make sure that “Location Services” is enabled. Then go to Settings > Privacy >Location Services > Apple Watch Workout and ensure that it is set to While Using the App. And go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Maps > and tap While Using the App. And lastly, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > and ensure that Motion Calibration & Distance is turned on.
- On your iPhone, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on and Airplane Mode is not turned on.
See this article if Location Services are not working.
If you meet all of the conditions listed above and still experience this problem, follow these steps:
After trying each step below, test the Activity app again to see if your map problem is resolved.
- Disable Location Services and wait 10 seconds and then enable by going to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Privacy > Apple Watch Workout and select Never. Then exit Settings. And then go back to Settings > General > Privacy > Apple Watch Workout and select While Using the App.
- Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone:
- First, restart your iPhone. iPhone X, 11 or later: Press and hold the side and volume up (or down) buttons together until the power off slider appears. Then move the slider from left-to-right. Wait a few seconds for your iPhone to turns off. Then press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Other iPhone models: Press and hold the side or top button until you see the power off slider. Drag the slider all the way to the right. Then press and hold the side or top button until you see the Apple logo.
- Apple Watch: Press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears. Then drag the onscreen slider. Wait for your watch to fully turns off. Then press and hold the side button then the Apple logo appears.
- Update your Apple Watch and iPhone:
- First, update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS: Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Then, update your watch: You can update your watch using your iPhone (Apple Watch app > General > Software Update), or you can directly update your watch by going to Settings > General > Software Update on your Apple Watch. (See this article if you are unable to update your Apple Watch).
- Un-pair and then re-pair. You will not lose your data. Follow the steps below:
- On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app and go to My Watch > select your watch > tap the (i) icon > tap Unpair Apple Watch.
- Now, to pair again, turn on your Apple Watch (see this article if your watch won’t turn on) and wear it. Keep your iPhone and Watch close together. On your iPhone, a message will appear saying “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch”. Click continue and then follow the onscreen instructions. Make sure that you enable route tracking during the process.