Are you receiving the following message when you attempt to reset your Apple ID security questions:
We don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions.
If you are having this problem too, this article explains how you can troubleshoot. This problem can be very frustrating as you may be prevented from buying apps etc until you can answer your security questions correctly. If you cannot remember, you can reset (see below).
The first thing I should mention is that you need to verify your identity successfully before you can reset your security questions.
Apple takes security very seriously, as any reputable company should. Apple uses security questions as an authenticator to provide an extra security layer, so that your information is secure.
How to reset your security questions
- Visit i forgot web site (link) (you want to change your Apple ID email?)
- Enter your Apple ID
- Click Continue
- You will be asked some questions to verify your identity. Apple wants to make sure that it is really you.
- Answer the questions
- Then select “I need to reset my security questions”
- If you cannot verify your account, you may not be able to reset your Apple ID security questions and you may get the “Cannot reset security questions. We don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions” message. If this is the case here is what you should do:
We don’t have sufficient information to reset your security questions
What you need is to ask Apple’s Account Security team to reset your security questions for you. Here is how:
- Visit Apple ID support page (link) (note that Apple also offers live chat support)
- Select “Forgot Security Questions“
- Then you will be presented with various help options. Note that these help options may vary depends on your region.
Note that if you do not remember your answers, and if Apple team may authenticate your identity (they will ask you several questions), they may not be able to help you. Because they also may not access your account. They may offer you a new Apple ID but note that you will lose all your past purchases.
Another note is that you can change your security questions any time, if you think that your security questions are difficult to remember. If you want to do this, here is how:
Change your security questions
- Visit Apple ID account page (link)
- Go to the Security section
- Click Edit
- Click Change questions