How Much Does It Cost to Repair iPhone 14 Pro Screen?
If you are unfortunate enough to have gotten a cracked screen on your iPhone 14 Pro, the first thing you probably want to know is how much it will cost to fix it. The second thing you probably want to know is what your options are for getting it fixed.
In this article, we will outline the cost (in $US) of repairing an iPhone 14 Pro Screen and the options you have for repair through Apple or an Apple-authorized repair shop. We’ll also discuss AppleCare (the one-year limited warranty) and AppleCare+. All costs and warranty information are relevant to U.S. customers.
The costs to fix an iPhone 14 Pro Screen
For some, the cost is going to determine whether they actually want to get the screen repaired at all. Many iPhone users took advantage of the great discounts that many cell carriers in the U.S. were offering and picked up a new iPhone 14 Pro. Those who appreciate a good deal may not want to spend a lot to fix their iPhone 14 Pro; some may have no choice if the screen is too badly damaged.
Apple’s estimated costs to repair iPhone 14 screens
We list here the estimated costs to repair any of the iPhone 14 models.
|Estimated Cost – No AppleCare+||Estimated Cost with AppleCare+|
|iPhone 14 Plus||$329||$29|
|iPhone 14 Pro||$329||$29|
|iPhone 14 Pro Max||$379||$29|
As you can see in the chart, the cost of repairing a screen increases with a larger screen size and depends on whether the iPhone is a Pro model. The cost with AppleCare+ is the same for all models because the (upfront) cost of the AppleCare+ plans are different.
Do I have or can I get AppleCare+?
Obviously, if you are looking at the repair costs for your iPhone 14 Pro, you will wish you had AppleCare+. You may have one of the following questions about AppleCare:
- Does the AppleCare warranty that comes with the iPhone cover the damage?
- Do I have AppleCare+? How can I check?
- Can I still get AppleCare+ and get the repair discount?
Does the AppleCare Warranty that comes with the iPhone cover the damage?
Apple offers a one-year limited warranty for new iPhones. This only covers defects in hardware and workmanship. It does not cover any accidental damage, so it doesn’t help you get your screen repaired.
Do I have AppleCare+? How can I check?
We have previously written about how to check your AppleCare warranty status: How to Check your AppleCare Warranty Status & How to Buy.
Can I still get AppleCare+ and get the repair discount?
It is only possible to purchase AppleCare+ within 60 days of your iPhone purchase. If you are still within this time period, you have a few ways that you can purchase AppleCare+:
- On your iPhone: Go to Settings > General > About and tap on AppleCare+ Coverage Available. If you don’t see it, you aren’t eligible.
- Online: You will need to verify your serial number and run a remote diagnostic.
- At an Apple Store: They will inspect your phone and require proof of purchase.
- By calling 800-275-2273: You will need to provide proof of purchase and run a remote diagnostic.
The good news is that if you purchase AppleCare+, you can transfer it to a new owner if you sell your iPhone (or give it to a family member).
How to get your iPhone 14 Pro screen repaired
There are three options for getting your iPhone 14 Pro screen repaired:
- Schedule a visit at an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
- Send your iPhone in for repair. Apple will send you a box, and you will mail your device to Apple. It is estimated to take 5-9 days.
- Schedule an onsite service. An authorized repair person will come to your home or office.
You can arrange for any of the above options from Apple’s iPhone screen replacement page. You can also talk to Apple Support if you have more questions or have Apple Support call you.
If you are waiting on your iPhone repair, you can check your repair status.