How To Fix Freezing and Lagging When Recording Videos on iPhone
This article explains how you can fix the iPhone video freezing problem. Several users have reported that video recordings freeze or lag while using the built-in camera app and these occur almost randomly. This can be very frustrating because when this happens, your video recording will stop. Users further reported that sometimes video freezes with black screen and but audio continues recording. And lastly some users stated that video recordings keep pausing.
This issue is basically that the Camera App freezes and the content that was being recorded do not work. If the iPhone video recording and Apple’s Camera app are not working as expected, the following tips may help you resolve it:
1-Close the Camera app and open it again. Here is how:
- If you are using an iPhone X or later (iPhone XR, iPhone XS etc), go to Home screen, from the bottom of your screen, swipe up, this will reveal last used apps.
- If you are using iPhone 8 and earlier iPhone models, double press the Home button.
- This will reveal the recently used apps.
- Find the Camera app icon, you may swipe right or left
- And swipe up on the Camera icon.
- This will force close the app.
- Now launch the app and try recording videos.
2-Restart your iPhone (turn off and turn on). You can do so by going to Settings > General > Shut Down and slide the slider and then turn it on again by pressing and holding the side button until you see the Apple logo.
3-Force restart your iPhone. This is also called soft reset but do not worry this action will not erase date. Different iPhone models require different steps. Here is how:
- iPhone 8 models and iPhone X and later models: Press and release the Volume Up and then press and release the Volume Down button and now press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
- iPhone 7 models: Please and hold the Volume Down and Sleep/Wake button together until you see the Apple logo.
- Other iPhone models (iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPhone SE etc): Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together until you see the Apple logo.
4-Update your iPhone to the latest version of the iOS software. We previously wrote about how you can update iOS. You can do so wirelessly by goıng to Settings > General > Software Update.
5-Make sure that you have enough space on your device to record videos. You may want to go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. This screen provides an overview of your device’s storage use. You may want to delete unused apps or other files. We previously wrote about how you can free up space on your iOS device. This screen also includes a section called “Recommendations”. You may also follow these recommendations.
If the issue continues, you may want to make a Genius bar reservation. Apple offers a variety of support options such as live chat.
My iphone 7 freezes while recording video song on Starmaker. Battery health is 82%. Any suggestion to rectify this issue. My OS is 15.2 and the problem started slowly after installing IOS 14.2 update
I had the same issue when recording video on iPhone, then I used Stellar Repair for Video software is the best and the only solution. The software repairs your corrupt or damaged video files seamlessly.