Do you have a problem or a question relating to your Apple products? Apple offers variety of tech support options for its customers. Some of the support options are by (a) phone (b) live chat support (c) email. However, you may need to get hands-on, personal support and help from an Apple expert, especially if you are having an hardware problem (like a cracked screen problem, water damage etc). You may have to bring your device to an Apple Store.
Apple offers tech support inside every Apple Retail Store. This support is offered by the Genius Bar stations. Employees of the Genius Bar, called Geniuses, specially trained to help customers with Apple hardware and software.
In order to visit the Genius Bars, you need to make a reservation. You can schedule a reservation time online before coming in. This article explains how you can make an Apple Genius Bar appointment.
Apple has recently changed how genius bar appointments are made. Apple has made it a little bit difficult now. It seems that Apple wants to offer support mainly via online live chat or phone calls.
There are two ways to do this: (1) you can use the Apple Store app or (2) you can make a reservation via the Apple support web site.
1. iOS device / Apple Support App and Genius Bar appointments (the easiest way)
- Open the Apple Support app (if you do not have it, launch the App Store and download and install it – or click here)
- Tap Get Support
- Select your device. For the purpose of this article, we selected iPhone X and then Repairs & Physical Damage and “Buttons not working”. Note that some problems will only let you receive support via phone calls or live chat sessions.
- Tap Bring in for Repair and find a location and date and time and then tap Reserve. Then your reservation will be made.
- It will probably say “You don’t have any reservations”, since you are trying to make a reservations. To make a new reservation, tap Find a store
2. Genius bar appointment via the web site
Without downloading and installing an app, you can also get an appointment via the Apple’s support web site. Here is how:
- Go to the Apple’s Genius Bar web site. (url: https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/)
- Scroll down and click Get hardware help
- Select the device or the service that you need help with. For the purpose of this article, we will select iPhone.
- Select Repairs and Physical and then select your issue or select the “The topic is not listed” option. If you choose the “Topic is not listed” option, describe your issue, then click continue.
- Select “Bring in for Repair”
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID and password
- Select your location. You can search by city, zip code or name. You can also browse all Apple retail stores. Find the closest Apple Store that you want to go.
- Select the date and time
- Then your reservation will be confirmed.
Now you have your Genius Bar reservation. Apple will also send you an confirmation email. You can easily cancel or reschedule it if you want to. Make sure you back up your device before going.