You can pin your important text messages to the top of the Messages app so that you can always have an easy shortcut to them until you unpin them. This will let you keep your important messages in view. You can do this on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
When you pin a conversation, it will be moved to the top of your message inbox. This will enable you to find them later easily. You can also pin group messages. Furthermore, you can pin both SMS text conversations and iMessages in Messages. This article explains how you can do this. You can pin up to nine messages. Pinned messages will appear as large contact circles.
Pin Messages on iPhone or iPad
1. There three ways, you can use one of these:
This method lets you pin multiple conversations at the same time.
- In Messages, tap Edit in the top-left corner of the screen and Edit Pins.
- Tap the yellow pin icon located on the right side of the conversation that you would like to pin. You can select multiple pins. Tap Done when you are done.
- Open Messages, and locate a conversation you want to pin.
- Long press on the conversation.
- And tap Pin.
- Open the Messages app and find a message you want to pin.
- Swipe right across the conversation.
- Tap the Pin icon.
Pin Messages on Mac
You can pin a message on your Mac too. There are two methods. Here is how:
- Find a message you would like to pin.
- Ring-click (control-click) the message.
- Select Pin.
- You can also drag a message to pin.
- Find a conversation. And using your mouse or trackpad, drag it to the top of the sidebar.
Unpin Messages on iPhone or iPad
You can also unpin messages to remove them from the top of the messages list. Again there are a few ways to do this:
- Long-press the pinned conversation.
- Tap Unpin.
- In Messages, tap Edit.
- Tap Edit Pins.
- And tap the minus icon to unpin the message.
Unpin Messages on Mac
You can also unpin messages on your Mac. There are two ways:
- Select the pinned message.
- Right-click (control-click) it.
- Select Unpin.
- Select the message.
- Using your mouse or trackpad, drag the message to the regular messages list.
- How to Stop Text Messages and iMessages from Going to iPad from iPhone
- How to Get WhatsApp Notifications, Send and Receive Messages on Apple Watch
- iPhone, iPad Won’t Unmute Group Text Messages
- How to Delete Messages on Mac
- iPhone Not Receiving SMS Messages? Fix
- Messages: “Number Changed to Primary” Notification, Fix
- How To Exit A Group Message On Your iPhone