Do you have a comment or suggestion about an Apple product or service? Do you want to send your feedback to Apple? You can easily let Apple know about any problems you run into or send suggestions, complaints. These feedbacks are important because they help Apple improve your Apple product and service experiences. This short how-to article explains how you can give feedback. Please note that Apple states that although they read all feedback or comments submitted, Apple does not respond to each submission that is submitted. Apple has a team whose entire job is dedicated to reviewing feedback and escalating it to the proper outlets (such as the engineers for iTunes, iPhone, iPad, etc.), so you can rest assured that your voice will be heard!
The process is very easy. Basically, you choose a product or a service, then fill out a form and send it. As stated above, you can help improve Apple devices and services by giving Apple feedback about any problems you’re having. You can also make a suggestion or report a bug.
Apple wants feedback. Your feedback will be particularly crucial as Apple periodically releases new devices, services and different versions of features. They want to know if users are happy.
Here is how:
How do I send feedback to Apple?
Please note that if you are having a specific problem and if you are looking for technical support (e.g. Buttons not working, broken screen, etc), then contact Apple support. For support, you can call, chat or meet with a Genius at an Apple Store.
There are different ways to send your feedback. But first, let us explain what constitutes feedback. Here are some basic feedback types that you can send:
- Bug reports (unexpected behaviors etc)
- Performance problems (application crash, application slow or unresponsive)
- Feature requests
- Other suggestions
Submit feedback via Apple’s website:
You can easily send feedback online. Here is how:
- On your device, open Safari, or another web browser.
- Visit Apple’s feedback website: apple.com/feedback/
- Choose a product or service. You can choose a hardware product (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, AirPods, etc), an app (iOS, iPadOS or macOS) or another Apple service (Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Music, Apple News, etc).
- Then use the form to send feedback. Make sure that you provide as much as detail you can. Also, make sure that you enter your email. As it is stated above, Apple does not respond to everyone who submits feedback.
- Click Submit Feedback and you are done.
If you are using an Apple computer (macOS), then you can also use the Feedback Assistant app.
Submit feedback via the Feedback Assistant app (macOS and iOS)
You can do this if you are running the macOS public beta.
- Launch the Feedback Assistant app by clicking the Feedback Assistant icon in the Dock.
- If this is your first time opening the app, you will be asked to accept the license agreement before using the app. Click Accept to continue.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and click Sign in.
- This looks like the mail app
- Click New Feedback
- You will be asked to describe your issue, after you are done, click Continue and submit.
If you are running the iOS public beta, you can do this:
- Open the Feedback Assistant (second page of your home screen)
- Enter your Apple ID and password and sign in.
- Describe and send your feedback.
Our guidelines for good feedback
Make sure that your feedback is good. It is important that you give meaningful and productive feedback. This ensures that your feedback is effective.
- Make your subject concise, clear, and descriptive.
- Make sure that you choose the correct feedback type. Available feedback types are: feature request, bug report, performance, software/hardware compatibility, and other.
- Send one feedback (or thought) per feedback form.
- In the comments field, clearly enter your problem or suggestion.
- Some feedback forms include additional drop-down menu fields. Please select them correctly.