If you are having a problem connecting to the App Store, you may see the following error message:
- Can’t connect to the App Store. Unable to connect to the App Store.
The most common reason for getting this error message is because your iOS device has no connection to the Internet.
This article explains what you could do if your iPhone or iPad can’t connect to the App Store. It is essential that you troubleshoot this problem because If you do not resolve this problem, you will not be able to access the App Store, and further you will not be able to download, install or update your apps.
Other App Store issues and fixes:
- App Store Keeps Asking For Credit Card Info? Fix
- App Store: Unable to Download App?
- App Store Shows White Blank Screen, Fix
- Why Is App Store Button Grayed Out or Dim On My iPhone / iPad?
Can’t connect to the App Store?
1-First, let’s make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the Internet. You can easily check this by opening the Safari app and trying to load a website, like macreports.com. If your iPad or iPhone does not have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection, try the following tips:
- Turn on Airplane mode, wait a few seconds and turn off Airplane mode by going to Settings > Airplane Mode.
- Restart your device. You can restart your device by going to Settings > General > Shut Down
- Restart your Wi-Fi router, you can unplug and wait a few seconds and plug back in.
- Restart your modem, you can unplug and wait a few seconds and plug back in.
- Reset your Network Settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will erase your network settings such as your Wi-Fi passwords etc.
2-Please ensure that your iOS device has the latest version of the iOS software. You can check that by going to:
- Software Update
3-Restart your device. As stated above, you can power off your device by going to Settings > General > Shut Down.
4-Try signing our and signing in. Here is how:
- iTunes & App Store
- Your Apple ID
- And tap Sign Out
After signing out, go to:
- iTunes & App Store
5-Make sure that your iOS device’s date and time settings are set correctly. Go to:
- Date & Time and check to see if it is set for your timezone. You may also want to turn on Set Automatically.
6-If you are still having this problem, try this:
- Tap Settings
- Date & Time
- and then, turn off Set Automatically and set the date ahead to some time in the future, like two year in future. Now try to open the App Store, If you see an error message, then change this to “Set Automatically” and try again.
7-If you are using a VPN, turn off VPN and try again.
8-Force restart your iPad or iPhone. This Apple doc explains this.