Can’t connect your iPhone with your car stereo via Bluetooth?
Several users have stated that they are unable to connect with the iPhone from Bluetooth car audio systems.
- iPhone would connect for phone calls but not for music
- Can’t pair your iPhone with your car
- Can’t use handsfree functions
- Bluetooth is not working as expected
- Other issues
If you are having this issue, you may see one or more of the following error messages:
- Network error
- iPhone stopped
- Can’t connect
Here is what to do when Bluetooth paring fails?
Please try these tips if you are unable to connect or pair:
- On your iPhone, make sure that Bluetooth is on (Settings > Bluetooth)
- On your iPhone, go to Settings then Bluetooth and disable Bluetooth and turn back on. Can’t turn on Bluetooth?
- Restart your iPhone.
- Restart your car’s audio system
- Update your device. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. And if there is an update, update your iOS device.
- Remove your car’s old Bluetooth connection from your iPhone and then rediscover it. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the Information (i) icon then tap Forget This Device. Then try to re-connect.
- Force restart your iPhone by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake and the Home buttons together until you see the Apple logo.
- Try using another iOS device (like your iPad). If you can connect this new device successfully, this means that the problem is with your iPhone, so keep reading. If you cannot pair this device also, that means the problem is with your car’s stereo.
- Reset Network Settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will reset all your network settings, like your Wi-Fi passwords will be removed.
- If nothing helps, contact Apple. You may also want to contact the maker of your car stereo.
Also make sure that you read your car’s manual.