Apple sends notifications of your Apple purchases, like apps, in-apps, music, shows, movies, books etc. Apple send these notifications via email. Or you may see charges on your bank or credit card statements (App Store or iTunes Store, usually: ITUNES.COM/BILL, MCD HOLD APL ITUNES.COM/BILL/, MCD PUR APL ITUNES.COM) that you do not recognize. If you did not make the purchase, you can cancel and receive a refund for those purchases. This article explains how you can do just that. Here is how:
The first thing is that you need to make sure that the email notification you got is really from Apple iTunes. Scammers and bad people may be trying to scam and trick you. Make sure that the email is legitimate. If you receive suspicious emails like these, you may report it to Apple via email ([email protected]). For instance, emails from Apple will never ask you to enter your social security number, full credit card number etc. If you are asked these, then that is a suspicious email.
The next step is to check your purchase history. If you do not see the purchases here, then the email notification you received was not real. If this is the case, simply delete the email and do not worry anything else. Here is how you can view your purchase history:
View your purchase history
Follow these steps:
- On your device (iOS devices – iPhone or iPad, or PC or Mac), launch Safari (or any other web browser that you use)
- Visit this URL: https://reportaproblem.apple.com
- Enter your Apple ID and password and login
- Once you login, you will see all of your past purchases: Apps, Subscriptions, Books, Music, TV Shows.
How to cancel Apple iTunes purchases
If you see a purchases that you did not authorize, you can cancel it by reporting. Here is how:
- Identify the purchase
- Click “Report a Problem”
- You will see a drop down menu. Select: I did not authorize this purchase. Then you will see this: “We take account security seriously. If you were charged without your authorization, we’d like to help you as soon as possible. Visit iTunes Store Support to find out which contact methods are available for immediate assistance.”
- Click iTunes Store Support. You will be redirected to a new page. Here select either the Email or Schedule a Call option. Or you may choose the live chat option.
- Apple support representatives will help you resolve this issue.
- If you have unauthorized charges, change your Apple ID and password as soon as possible.
- Apple usually groups multiple purchases into one single charge. You may not receive separate invoices for each of these purchases.
- You can also easily view and monitor your past iTunes and App Store charges on your iOS device. Simply go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Your Apple ID > View Apple ID > You may be asked to enter your Apple ID password, if so, enter your password > Purchase History. Here you can view your pas 90 day history.
See also: App Store blank?