Did you try to download an app on your Mac, but you could not? You may receive an error message saying, “This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store. Please review your account information,” with two buttons, Cancel and Review, as you can see below.
- Unless you fix this, you will not be able to download and install apps.
- It occurs with a newly created Apple ID that was not used before to access the App Store.
- This error occurs on Mac. A similar issue may also occur on iPhone or iPad with a very similar error message saying, “Apple ID has not yet been used in the iTunes Store.”
There are various reported issues. They include:
- Clicking the Review button does not work.
- Clicking the Review button gets them a blank / loading page with a spinning wheel.
- Clicking the Review button gives them an error message saying, “We’ve run into a problem. Please try again later.”
- They successfully complete the process of agreeing to the terms, but they still run into this problem again later.
In this article, I explain how you can fix this problem for good. Try these steps in order.
Yes, you probably tried the Review button. If you are reading this article, the Review option did not work for you. As I stated again, you may get a blank, empty page. The Review button is supposed to take you to the Terms of Service you will have to accept. There are a few things you can do:
- This may be a temporary issue on Apple’s side. Wait a few minutes (or hours), and then try again.
- Some users have had success with trying the Review button repeatedly. You can try this too.
- Ensure that the content is not blocked by a firewall. If you are using a VPN, security or anti-virus type of app, disable it and then try again.
Use the appleid.apple.com website
On your device, open a web browser like Safari and visit this URL: appleid.apple.com. This URL will go to the part of Apple’s website where you can manage your Apple ID. Click the Sign In button and enter your Apple ID and password. After logging in, review your information. Make sure that your billing address is accurate and that you have a payment method even if you do not want to purchase an app. If something is wrong or missing, update it. Ensure your email is verified. If you have a credit card on file, make sure that all applicable details, such as expiration date or security code, are there.
Try signing in to the Music app
Open the Music app (if you are running an old version of macOS, use iTunes), and try to sign in using the same Apple ID and password. From the top menu bar, click Account and Sign In. If you see the same error message, click the Review button this time again and follow the onscreen instructions. And then, try to download your app again from the App Store.
You may be able to successfully sign in without an issue, and this can fix your Mac App Store problem because Apple syncs the same details across its services, resulting in resolving the App Store problem.
Try to download a free app
If you run into this error message when you want to download a paid app, try to download a free app. Open the App Store app on your Mac. If you can download the free app, this action can verify your account in the background. After downloading the free app, now try to download the paid app you could not download before.