Several iOS and macOS users have reported that they’re not able to accept updated iCloud Terms and Conditions. Users have said that their devices (iPhone, iPad or Mac) keep asking them to accept the new iCloud Terms and Conditions, and further, even they accept the new terms and conditions, iCloud still repeatedly ask users to accept, and the warning simply does not go away.
Are you having this problem too? Are you seeing a red badge notification appears on the Settings app icon? No matter how many times you tap Agree, your device still asks for your to accept the iCloud Terms and Conditions. Sometimes iCloud may get into this loop. Having a device (iOS or macOS) that is stuck in this strange iCloud loop can be extremely annoying. It seems that this problem primarily affects users who use more than one Apple IDs on their devices.
See also: Your iCloud Storage Is Almost Full?
Please try each step one at a time until you resolve your issue.
Before you do anything, update your iOS or macOS device to the latest version of operating system. Further, also check that iCloud is working. It is possible that iCloud service is having issues with its servers or systems. You can check that by going to the System Status page.
1. Please follow the steps below:
Mac: On your Mac, click Apple Menu > System Preferences > Internet Accounts. From the list (left side), click the first iCloud account, you should see a “Terms and Conditions” popup, scroll down and click Accept. Repeat the same steps for other iCloud accounts.
iOS (iPhone or iPad): On your device, tap Settings > Passwords & Accounts, and then tap the first iCloud account (under the Accounts section). You should see a popup asking you to accept the new terms and conditions and scroll down and tap Accept. Repeat these steps for other iCloud accounts.
2. Restart your device (Mac, iPhone or iPad). Here is how:
- Mac: Apple menu > Restart
- iOS: Press and hold the side (or top) button until you see the slider and then slide the slider. Then to turn on, press and hold the side or top button until you see the Apple logo.
3. Check and see if Screen Time is enabled on your device. Here is how:
- iOS: Tap Settings > Screen Time
- macOS (Catalina or later): Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Screen Time.
If Screen Time is enabled, disable it and try accepting the iCloud Terms and Conditions again.
4. Sing out iCloud and restart your device and then sing in. We recommend that you do this one by one if you have multiple iOS devices and you should back up your device.
- iOS: Go to Settings > Your Name > Sign Out. You will have to enter your Apple ID and password.
- macOS: Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud and click Sign Out. You will enter your Apple ID and password.
Restart your device.
And sing in.
- iOS:Settings > Sign in.
- macOS: Apple menu > System Preferences > Sign in.
When logging out, you will be asked if you want to meet a copy of your iCloud data. Select everything. And then when you logging in, tap Merge when you asked.
See also: Stuck On Updating iCloud Settings, Fix