Can’t Turn On iCloud Music Library? Fix
Several users have reported that they are unable to enable iCloud Music Library. Turning on iCloud Music Library lets you access your music library on all of your devices, iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Users reported that they receive the following error message:
iCloud Music Library can’t be enabled. You can enable it later from Music in Settings. Until then, your music won’t be available on your other devices.
It is reported that this error occurs when either the “Merge” or “Replace” options are selected.
In order to turn on iCloud Music Library, simply go to Settings > Music, and toggle iCloud Music Library on.
On your Mac, launch iTunes and go to iTunes > Preferences > and select iCloud Music Library.
See also: How To Remove Music Player Widget From The Lock Screen
This problem can be frustrating because you will not be able to add anything to your library until you enable this. It seems that this issue affects iOS, iPadOS, and macOS users. If you are having this problem. don’t worry you are not alone. Try the following tips to troubleshoot your problem.
Please these tips in order. After trying each step below, test to see if you’ve fixed your issue.
- This problem may occur because of outages. Here is how you can check this:
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Visit the Apple System Status page.
- Find the Apple Music service.
- For example, currently, it appears to be an issue with Apple’s Music servers causing this problem. This means that you should be patient and Apple will fix this.
- Make sure that you’re signed in to all of your devices with the same Apple ID.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. You can update your iOS device easily and wirelessly. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. If there is an update available, follow the onscreen instructions.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of macOS:
- If your Mac is running macOS Mojave or later: Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu and then click Software Update.
- If your Mac is running earlier versions of macOS: Go to App Store and click Updates.
- If applicable, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes. Go to App Store and click Updates and check to see if there are any iTunes updates.
- Restart your device. Different iOS devices require different steps. Read this Apple document. To restart your Mac, choose Apple Menu and click Restart.
- Repeat the following steps 5-7 times: On your device go to Settings > Music and turn on iCloud Music Library or Sync Library, select Delete & Replace or Merge (or Keep) (whatever you choose, if you choose the Keep Music option, nothing will be deleted) and if you get this error, dismiss it and try again. Repeat these steps until it works. Some users stated that they did this over 10 times until they get it to work. If you are having this problem on your Mac, open the Music app, and choose Music and Preferences. Click the General tab. And select Sync Library. Again repeat this step a few times.
- Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > [your Apple ID] > and tap Sign Out. Wait a few seconds and then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and sign back in and now try to turn on iCloud Music Library.
- Go to Settings > and turn on Airplane Mode and wait a few seconds and then turn off Airplane Mode.
- If you are still having this issue, you may need to restore your device. You can restore your device either from an iCloud backup or an iTunes backup.
If your error message said ” iCloud Music Library can’t be turned on because this device is already associated with another Apple ID. This device can be associated with a different Apple ID in 90 days“, then you have no options. You need to wait 90 days.
See also: How To Sign In To iCloud.com From Your iPad Or iPhone
This article is outdated for iOS 13.6 because the Menu for Music settings is now different.
You can’t turn on iCloud music if you don’t have an Apple Music subscription.
i have an apple music subscription tho it’s still not there
“My phone doesn’t have the ‘ICloud music library’ toggle at all, it just has a ‘downloaded music’ toggle.” Same. Suggestions appreciated.
Same problem here
My phone doesn’t have the ‘ICloud music library’ toggle at all, it just has a ‘downloaded music’ toggle. How do i fix this, its an iphone 6S
wrestling with same problem on both my apple devices (ipad / iphone) and Win10 PC – did they take it out ???