This short article explains how you can troubleshoot when the Activity app is not working properly. The Activity app on your iPhone lets you view your activity progress and history.
With the Activity app, you can tract your activity and progress, so that you can optimize your workouts. The data that your Apple Watch collects should sync automatically and wirelessly with your iPhone. Sometimes you may start having problems. Sometimes you may notice that the Activity App is not working correctly. Sometimes sync may fail. If your activity isn’t syncing, meaning the Activity app on your iPhone is not updating; try the following troubleshooting steps.
After you try each step below, please check to see if your problem is fixed.
1. Make sure that the Bluetooth setting on your iPhone is on (Settings > Bluetooth).
2. Make sure that your watch’s battery isn’t critically low.
3. Turn on and wait a few seconds and turn off Airplane Mode on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- On your iPhone > Settings > Airplane Mode.
- On your watch > Settings > Airplane Mode.
4. Restart your iPhone. You can do so by going to Settings > General and Shut Down
5. Restart your Apple Watch by pressing and hold the side button and the slide the Power Off slider. To power your watch on again, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
6. Try these steps:
- Close the Activity app on your iPhone. Here is how:
- If your iPhone model is X or later: Go to Home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, you will see the most recently used apps, find the Activity app, and then swipe up on the app.
- If your iPhone model is 8 or earlier: Double tap the Home button, and find the app and swipe it up.
- On your Apple Watch, go to Home screen by pressing the Digital Crown. Then launch the Activity app. Firmly press the display. This will open the Activity app options. Tap Change Move Goal and slightly change your daily move goal and tap the red Update button.
- Check to see if your issue is fixed.
7. Make sure that your iPhone and your Apple Watch have the latest software version.
- To update your iPhone, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- To update your Apple Watch, place your Watch on its charger, and then on your iPhone, open the Watch app, and tap My Watch and then tap General > Software Update.
8. Unpair your Apple Watch. Please note that you will have to repair again with your Apple Watch to use your device again. On your iPhone, open the Watch app, then tap My Watch (bottom of the screen) > your Watch (top of the screen). Now tap the (i) icon next to the Watch icon. And tap Unpair Apple Watch. And confirm this by tapping Unpair Apple Watch.
You will also have to enter your Apple ID to unpair your Apple Watch. By entering your Apple ID password, you will remove this watch from your account and disable Activation Lock. Enter your Apple ID password and then tap Unpair. And then pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
If you are still having issues, you may want to contact Apple Support.