How to Clear your Siri History
Do you want to delete your Siri request history? This article explains how you can remove all of your history consisting of records of your conversations that Siri keeps. Apple has recently introduced this new feature that enables users to delete all of the recordings from Apple servers that Siri collects.
You can use Siri on all your Apple devices. Upon receiving your request, Siri sends it to Apple (this is why Siri requires an Internet connection to work). Apple processes your request. Siri receives a response from Apple. And then Siri performs the action or answers your question. Apple servers store your interactions with Siri. Apple may use this to improve Siri. You may not delete all of this data.
If Siri is not working, see this article.
Siri history on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Here is how you can delete your Siri history on your iOS and iPadOS devices. Please ensure that your device is running iOS 13.2 (and later) or iPadOS 13.2 (and later). Follow the steps:
Note: You can view your current software version by going to Settings > General > About. If you want, you can also update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Siri & Search.
- Tap Siri & Dictation History.
- And tap Delete Siri & Dictation History.
- You will be asked to confirm your action. A popup will appear saying “Siri & Dictation interactions currently associated with this iPhone (or iPad) will be deleted from Apple servers.”
- Tap Delete Siri & Dictation History. You can also tap Cancel if you want to cancel this action.
Siri history on your Apple Watch
Please ensure that your watch is running watchOS 6.1 or later. You can view your current software version by going to Settings > General > About on your Apple Watch.
If needed, you can update your Apple Watch by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
Here is how you can delete your Siri history on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Siri.
- Siri & Dictation History.
- Tap Delete Siri & Dictation History. Again a new window will appear asking you to confirm. tap Delete Siri History or Dismiss.
Siri history on your Mac
Please make sure that your Mac is running macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later. You can find out your macOS version by going to the Apple menu > About This Mac > Overview. You can also update your Mac by going to System Preferences > Software Update.
Here is how:
- Please choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Click Siri.
- And click the “Delete Siri & Dictation History” button. Again a pop up will appear asking you to confirm your action. Click Delete to confirm.
See this article if Siri on Mac is not working.
Siri history on your Apple TV
Please your Apple TV has the tvOS 13.2 software installed. Here is how:
- Select Settings.
- Select General.
- Select Siri History.
- Tap Delete Siri & Dictation History.
See this article if Hey Siri is not working.