This article explains how you can create an Apple on the web using the Apple ID account site.
You can create an Apple ID on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and your Apple ID will let you use and access all Apple services.
However, you can still set up an Apple ID without owning an Apple device. The only need is a web browser. Also, note that you can sign up for an Apple ID account without a payment method. This Apple ID will give you access to Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for iCloud.
Your new Apple ID will be your current email address. Sorry but you cannot create an @icloud email address. For the @icloud email address, you need to create an Apple ID on a Mac, an iOS or iPadOS device.
Follow the steps below:
1. On your PC computer, Android device, or non-Apple tablet; open your Browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc).
2. Visit the Apple ID page: http://appleid.apple.com/
3. Click the “Create Your Apple ID” link.
3. In the sign-up form, enter your name and password. Please enter all the information that is required by Apple.
- Your name, location and birthday in the specified fields.
- Enter your current email. This will be your Apple ID. Please enter a valid email. Apple will send a verification code to ensure that his email address belongs to you. Without this code, an Apple ID cannot be created. You can change your Apple ID email.
- Password. Apple ID passwords are required to be at least 8 characters. Do not use easily guessed password such as 12345678. A strong password will prevent you from Apple ID scams.
- Also, you will be asked to choose three security questions. You will be asked to choose and answer 3 questions. Your answers will be used for password reset. You may be able to reset your security questions.
- When you are done, enter the captcha and click Continue.
4. When you click Continue, a popup will ask you to enter a verification code that Apple just sent to the address you entered in the form. Check your email and enter the code. Please note that you have 3 hours to enter this code. The code will expire three hours after it was sent.
And click Continue.
5. And you are done. Congratulations! Your Apple ID account is ready for use.
You have now an Apple ID. You will be redirected to a page. This page lets you manage your Apple ID.
If you want to use Pages, Numbers or Keynote, go to icloud.com and sign in with your newly created Apple ID. This will let you create and open these type of documents. iCloud Drive will store your documents. This is similar to Google drive.
Since you do not have an Apple device (iPad, iPhone or Mac), your Apple ID account cannot be used to access Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iMessage, FaceTime, and other Apple services.
The next step is to start using your new account. If you are unhappy with your Apple ID and if you have various concerns, you can delete your Apple ID.