Where and How to Get the Most Apple Card Cash Back
Most credit cards offer cash back. Apple Card is one of them. Cash back is a credit card reward designed to motivate you to spend even more with your card. As the name implies, cash back rewards are real cash. You will get real dollars. Some other cards may offer points or miles as rewards. I find these points a little bit confusing. Cash back is more straightforward and easier to understand. Cash Rewards are earned on a percentage basis. Depending on where and how you use your Apple Card, you’ll earn a cash back of 1% to 3% of the amount of each transaction. These may seem small but they can add up quickly. In this article, I list popular merchants and how much Apple Cash back you can get if you use your card there.
3% Daily Cash merchants when you use Apple Card with Apple Pay
- Apple — Everything you buy at Apple, such as apps, games, a new Mac or iPhone, or Apple News+
- Ace Hardware — 3% Daily Cash may not be available at all Ace Hardware store locations. You can see participating locations.
- Duane Reade
- Exxon & Mobil
- Panera Bread
- Uber Eats
Apple may update this list. You can find the participating merchants that offer 3% Daily Cash back:
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- Tap your Apple Card.
- Tap the more (…) button.
- Tap Daily Cash.
- The next page will show the participating merchants. If you tap See Details, you will see the full list of merchants.
2% Daily Cash
- If you use Apple Pay with your Apple Card, you will get a 2% cash reward.
- Of course, for this to work, the merchant needs to accept Apple Pay. While there are a lot of places that accept Apple Pay, some major stores, like Walmart, still refuse to accept it.
1% Daily Cash
- All other Apple Card transactions will receive a 1% daily cash reward. This means that any time you use your physical Apple Card by inserting it into the credit card machine or when you enter your digital card number online at a merchant that does not accept Apple Pay.
- For example, McDonald’s accepts Apple Pay. If you use your Apple Watch or iPhone to pay with your Apple Card, you will get 2% cash back. However, if you insert your physical card into their payment POS system, you will get 1% cash back.
Important details on Apple Card Cash back
- Your Apple Cash rewards never expire.
- The more you spend, the more cash back you get. It is unlimited.
- After each day, your daily cash back is sent to your Apple Cash card in your Wallet. Then you can deposit it in your bank, send it to friends and more.
- To be able to use your cash back, you will need an Apple Cash account. You can easily set one up. You can even set up Apple Cash family.
- If you have not already set up Apple Cash, don’t worry, you still get cash rewards. Your rewards will be accumulated until you get Apple Cash.
- If your Apple Cash account is locked or restricted, there are steps you can take to recover your account.