How To Delete Multiple Images & Videos (And Other Files) In Messages At Once, Quickly
The photos and videos you send via the Messages app stay on your device (iPhone or iPad) and furthermore they may take up a lot of storage space on your iOS device. If you want to delete them, you may want to do so, especially if you have saved them or if you do not want them anymore. If you send a lot of photos and videos, deleting them one by one may take a lot of time. Deleting them individually can be tedious.
See also: Your iCloud Storage Is Almost Full?
This article will show you a hidden way to quickly delete the photos, videos, GIFs, Documents etc you have texted (or you have been sent) at once from the iOS Messages app. Using this tip, you can also delete GIFs and stickers and other types of attachments (PDFs, documents, etc) easily. This is probably the easiest and the most practical way to do this. Here is how:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > iPhone (iPad) Storage. This is where you can see how much space each app uses.
- Scroll down and find and then tap the Messages app.
- You will see multiple categories there: ‘Photos’, ‘Videos’, ‘GIFs and Stickers’, and ‘Other’.
- If you want to delete Photos, tap Photos, If you want to delete videos, tap Videos. Then you will see a list of photos or videos etc.
- Tap Edit (Upper right corner)
- Then you can easily select the videos, photos, GIFs, and other documents at once.
- Once you are done, tap the Trash icon (again upper-right corner).
- That’s it. You are done.
This way you can delete a lot of pictures, videos or other files in Messages quickly and easily.
How are your instructions; “at once, and quickly”….having to select each gif, photo, pdf, etc… one at a time is a not at once and quickly, there HAS to be an easier way, this is ridiculous….please tell me there’s a step missing here ?
What about if the gif, videos, etc don’t show when you have tapped on them. For e.g., it only shows zero kb?