The Photos widget on iPhone and iPad can be a fun way to view photos in from your library. However, there may be photos you really don’t want to see (or you don’t want others to see). Fortunately, there are ways to remove photos from the lineup so that you can enjoy the photos that show up in your iPhone or iPad’s Photos widget. You can choose to remove certain photos, or you can choose to remove all photos of a particular person or pet.
How to stop certain photos from showing in the widget
How to remove certain people from featured photos
- First, open your Photos app and tap on the Albums tab at the bottom of the screen.
- You will first need to find a photo of the person (or pet) you wish to exclude.
- Scroll down to People, Pets & Places, and tap on People & Pets. If you see the person’s photo, tap on it to find a photo of them.
- You can also scroll through your photos to find an image of the person.
- Once you have a photo of the person open in Photos, tap on the three-dots button near the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Feature This Person Less. Now, if you never want to see this person, choose Never Feature This Person. If you don’t mind seeing them occasionally, especially when they are in photos with other people you do want to see, choose Feature This Person Less.
- Tap Confirm.
How to see other things (dates, places) less frequently
You can also choose particular days or places that you want to feature less.
- Open the Photos app and tap on the For You tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Under the Memories section, you can see the Memories (collections of related photos) that have been created. Tap See All to view all of the Memories.
- Scroll through, and you will find Memories featuring certain people, places and times. When you have found one you want to feature less, tap the three-dots button in its upper-right corner.
- Tap Feature Less. You can also choose to Delete Memory if you prefer. Tap Confirm.
Other Photos Settings for Memories, Holidays and Featured Photos
- Open Settings, scroll down and tap on Photos.
- Scroll down to the Memories and Memories & Featured Photos sections.
- Under Memories, you can Reset Suggested Memories or Reset People & Pets Suggestions. You can also choose whether to Show Holiday Events.
- Under Memories & Featured Photos, you can choose whether or not to Show Featured Content. This controls whether Featured Photos and Memories show up in your Photos Widget.
How to hide photos in general
You may have certain photos that you want to hide from view but not delete. For this, you can use the Photos’ Hidden Album. This album is locked with your Face ID so that you can keep some photos private. See How to Hide Photos on iPhone or iPad for more on how to use the Hidden Album.