How to See Spotify Lyrics on iPhone, iPad and Mac
Having the lyrics available for songs you are listening to is a great feature. You may just be curious about the words to a song, or you might like to have all the lyrics in front of you so you can sing along karaoke style.
In this article, we will tell you how to view lyrics in the Spotify app on iPhone, iPad and Mac. First off, the answers to a couple of common questions:
- Q: Does Spotify have a karaoke mode?
- A: For many songs, you can view the lyrics, and they will be highlighted and scroll as the song progresses. So, yes, Spotify has a karaoke mode, but it’s just called Lyrics.
- Q: Do you need Spotify Premium for lyrics?
- A: Nope.
How to enable lyrics on Spotify
View song lyrics in Spotify on iPhone or iPad
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose your song. Then tap to open the Now Playing View. On iPad, tap the album cover art to open the view.
- At the bottom of the screen, you should see Lyrics. If you don’t see it, it probably isn’t available for that song. Tap on Lyrics.
- The Lyrics section will expand. The words will be highlighted and scroll as the song progresses. You can also tap on the Expand button to see more of the lyrics and scroll through them freely.
View song lyrics in Spotify on Mac
- Open the Spotify app on your Mac.
- Choose your song, click the Play button, then click the Microphone (Lyrics) button near the bottom of the window.
- The lyrics will scroll, and words will be highlighted to assist you in singing along.
Spotify lyrics not showing
Not all Spotify songs support lyrics in the app, so there is no way to view the lyrics to those songs. If you can see lyrics to some songs but not others, then there is nothing wrong — the lyrics just aren’t available for all songs. Spotify uses Musixmatch for lyrics, the same company used by Apple Music, Shazam, Google, and others.