You can store a boarding pass, movie tickets, coupons, reward cards, covid vaccination cards, or other passes in your Apple Wallet. Did you know that you can share some of them with other iPhone and Apple Watch users from your Wallet? For example, you can add coupons or tickets and then share them with others so that they can use them too.
For certain items such as tickets, sharing may also mean transferring. In other words, when you share a ticket, you may also be sharing ownership. For example, you can transfer a ticket, and when your recipient accepts your invitation, your original barcode for the ticket will be voided. This could be a useful way to give another person a gift or to offload a ticket you won’t be able to use yourself.
How to share coupons, tickets and other passes from Apple Wallet on iPhone
- Open the Apple Wallet App on your iPhone.
- Find the item you want to share. I will share a coupon with Stacey. Tap on the item.
- Tap the three dots button located at the top-right corner of your screen. This will open more options.
- Tap the Share icon, as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Send your pass, coupons, tickets, etc., via Messages, AirDrop, Mail or another available app. Your recipient will get it instantly.
- When the recipient has received the item you shared, they can add it to their Wallet by tapping the Add to Apple Wallet button.
How to share tickets, passes or coupons from Wallet on Apple Watch
- Open the Wallet app on your Apple Watch. Scroll up or down to find the item you want to share, then tap on it.
- Scroll down and tap Share Pass.
- You can select the person you want to send the item to and how you want to share it, like with Mail or Messages.
Sometimes you cannot share certain items because you won’t see the Share button. This occurs because the coupon, ticket or pass is blocked from being shared from Apple Wallet. When companies design these passes for Apple Wallet, they decide whether or not they should be sharable. For example, you may not share sporting event tickets, or you may not be able to share your boarding pass. If this is the case, you have a few options:
- While you cannot share some tickets or passes, you can transfer their ownership. You cannot do this from Apple Wallet. You should ask the merchant for more info. They may have a website or app that allows you to do this.
- For certain kinds of items, it might make sense to take a screenshot of the item and share the screenshot with someone.