Did your Phone get stuck on the Apple logo? This article explains how you can fix when your iPhone becomes stuck on the Apple logo with the spinning wheel, the screen is black and buttons are unresponsive (see the image below). You may experience this when you turn this device on or during / after an iOS update. This problem is known to happen even though it is very rare. What causes this? There are a few common causes:
- Update problems
- iOS problems, your device is running a beta version of the iOS software
- Hardware problems
We previously wrote about a very similar issue. Please read this article as well.
1. The first step is to try force restart. Different iPhone models require different procedures for this. Here is how:
- iPhone 8 or later (iPhone X, iPhone 11 etc): First press and release the volume up button and press and release the volume down button and then press and hold the power button until your iPhone restarts.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the side and volume down buttons together until you see the Apple logo.
- Other earlier iPhone models (iPhone 5, iPhone 6 etc): Press and hold the home and side buttons together until your iPhone restarts.
2. If the force restart does not resolve your problem, then you may want to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode. You will need a computer with iTunes installed on it. also. Here is how:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open iTunes on your computer
- Follow the steps below depend on what model iPhone you have:
- iPhone 8 or later: Press and release the volume up button and press and release the volume down button and then press and hold the side button until your device goes into recovery mode.
- iPhone 7 series: Press and hold the side and volume down buttons together at the same time until you see the recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 6s and earlier iPhone models: Press and hold the home and side buttons together at the same time until you see the recovery mode screen.
- Your phone is in now recovery mode.
- You will see a message with two options: Restore or Update.
- Click Update. Your phone will be updated without erasing its data.
If Update doesn’t work, then you’ll need to try Restore, this option will erase all of your data and reinstall iOS. Just follow the onscreen instructions.
If you are still having issues, you may want to contact Apple.