Do you see this Safari error message while browsing certain websites on your Mac. If you are getting a blank Safari page displaying the following error message, then this article is for you.
Safari can’t open the page. The error is: “The operation couldn’t be completed.(kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 303.)” (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork:303)
I was in fact having this problem. Whenever I visited archive.org, Safari would not load the site and just displayed this error message. Here is how I resolved this message:
What is kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 303?
This is a parsing error. More specifically, the server is giving this error message because of encoding problems. It is probably due to the fact that Safari is saving too much data for that particular web site (for me: archive.org). You may want to also read a recent article on how you can reset Safari.
How to fix:
Please try each steps until your issue is resolved:
1-Let’s clean the problematic site’s cookies and data:
- In the Safari app, click Safari and Preferences
- Click the Privacy tab
- Click the Manage Web Site Data button
- A new window will open and you will see a list of websites that stored data.
- Find the affected site (again this was archive.org for me), you can use the Search field to find easily.
- Select the domain
- And click the Remove button
- And click done.
Now try again opening the web site. Do you experience the same problem? If so, continue to the next step.
2–Start your Mac in Safe Mode. This is an easy process. Here is how:
Safe Mode will start your Mac in a basic state with only the original software that came with it. Some of the features of your Mac will not be available in Safe Mode. Here is how:
- Turn off your Mac
- Turn on your Mac and immediately after tuning on, press and hold the Shift key
- Keep holding the Shift key until you see the login window
- Release the key and login
- Now your computer is in Safe Mode
- Open Safari and test to see if this problem occurs. If not, exit Safe mode.
- To exit Safe Mode, restart your computer normally without pressing the Shift key. You could not start your Mac normally, read this article?
Did the tips above help you? Please leave a comment.