AirPods Pro Not Showing Up in Find My, How to Fix
Some AirPods Pro model owners have complained that their AirPods Pro are not appearing in Find My. Find My is a feature of iCloud that helps you locate your Apple devices when they are lost. It is important that you set up Find My on all of your compatible Apple devices. How you set up Find My on AirPods is rather easy. Your AirPods Pro will automatically show up in Find My after you turn on Find My on your paired iPhone. If you can’t see your AirPods in Find My, then you won’t be able to find your AirPods and play sound to help locate them.
Basic AirPods Pro Find My troubleshooting steps
You should first try these steps:
- Ensure that Find My is enabled for AirPods. Here is how you can check:
- On your paired iPhone, open Settings > Bluetooth.
- Tap the info (i) button next to your AirPods.
- Check to see if Find My is enabled. If not, turn it on.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. You need to go to Settings > General > Software Update to do this.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Turn on Airplane Mode on your iPhone, wait 30 seconds, then turn it off.
- If you are using a VPN, disable it to see if that makes any difference.
Turn off Find My and iPhone
If your issue continues, try disabling Find My on your iPhone. Please follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > [your name] > Find My > Find My iPhone. Then toggle off Find My iPhone. You will be asked to enter your Apple ID password.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Now, go back to Settings > [your name] > Find My > Find My iPhone and turn on Find My again.
Now, check to see if you see your AirPods are in Find My.
Reset AirPods Pro
You may want to reset your AirPods Pro. But first, let’s remove your AirPods Pro from your Apple ID. This is a three-step process. Here is how:
- Make sure that your AirPods are connected to your iPhone and that they are close to each other. Then follow these steps:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Tap Devices or Items from the bottom menu tabs.
- From the list of devices, tap on your AirPods.
- Swipe up to open the full handle.
- Then tap Remove This Device.
- Now, on your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Tap the (i) info button next to your AirPods and then tap Forget This Device.
- Restart everything, your iPhone and AirPods.
- Now reset your AirPods Pro. Follow this Apple documentation regarding how you can reset them.
- After the reset, reconnect your AirPods Pro.
Thank you so much for this! The Apple website did absolutely NOTHING to help me with this problem! Then I did what you suggested and turned off Find My iPhone, restarted my iPhone, then toggled Find My iPhone back on and TA DA! My AirPod pro 2nd generation FINALLY showed up!! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you so much for all these tips! I had been trying for months since October 2022 and your information finally helped me, even the info on Apple website or YouTube didn’t help. I tried all the steps you listed, I think what helped was that I turned off and on my Find my iPhone.
Thank you. This was helpful. I ended up having to restart my phone and then it finally was able to find them.