If you own an iPhone and an Apple Watch, you can put your Covid-19 vaccine information in both the Health and Wallet apps on your iPhone and Apple Watch. Having your vaccine information available on your devices is a useful way to prove your vaccination status when you need to. Carrying around your vaccine card can be annoying, as they are generally much larger than credit card size. You may also worry about losing your card.
Your Vaccination Record on Apple Watch
When you add your vaccination record to your iPhone’s Health and Wallet apps, they automatically become available on your Apple Watch. If you haven’t yet added your vaccination record to your iPhone, see How to Put a Covid-19 Vaccination Card on your iPhone using Apple Wallet.
How to See the Covid Vaccine Card on your Watch
- First, make sure you have added your Covid vaccine record to your iPhone’s Health and Wallet apps. On your Apple Watch, double-clicking on the side button will open up the Wallet app.
- You may need to scroll down to see your vaccination card. When you see it, tap on it.
- The QR code associated with your Covid-19 vaccine record appears on your watch screen.
- You can view the other information on your vaccine card, like the dates you received your shots, by scrolling down to see the information, below the QR code. You will see:
- Your Name
- Vaccine type – Pfizer, Moderna, etc.
- Dose dates
- Issued By – Your medical institution
You can also look at the other information that is stored on your vaccination card. After you open the card, scroll all the way down until you see Pass Information. When you tap on Pass Information you can see:
- Last Updated
- Name – your name
- Date of Birth
- For each vaccination:
- Vaccine type (Pfizer, Moderna, etc.)
- The date of vaccination
- The issuing medical institution
- Status – Which looks like: Verified-Valid Signature
- Issued – The date you put your vaccine card onto your iPhone
How to Remove your Vaccination Card
You can, if you want to, remove your vaccination card from your Apple Watch. You cannot, however, remove it only from your Apple Watch. It will also be removed from your iPhone’s Wallet app; It will stay in your iPhone’s Health app, though, unless you take steps to remove it from there.
Remove a Vaccination Card Using your Watch
- Open up the vaccination card in Wallet on your watch by double-clicking the side button, and tapping on the vaccination card.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Remove.
Remove a Vaccination Card Using your iPhone
- Open your Wallet app on your iPhone, then tap on your Covid-19 card.
- Tap on the three dots in a circle image in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Tap on Remove Pass.
When you have your vaccination card open in Wallet, and you have tapped on the three dots in a circle, you can also tap on Open, next to Health app. From there you can edit the information in your Health app.