ATMs oﬀer a convenient way to access your funds. An Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is a banking machine that allows you to perform basic money transactions. However, you may need your physical debit or credit card and a personal identification number to use an ATM.
Recently, some major banks have begun offering card-free ATM access by incorporating near-field communication (NFC) into their ATMs. This makes it possible that you can use ATMs without your card using NFC.
You can use Apple Pay to get cash from your bank account at an ATM without inserting your debit or credit card into a card reader. This article explains how you can do that. This feature is called Cardless ATMs. A lot of major banks offer cordless ATMs. Cordless ATMs let you access your cash without using your actual card.
How to use Apple Pay at an ATM
Follow these steps:
1. First, ensure that the bank card is added to the Wallet app on the iPhone.
2. Look for these symbols on the ATM. You can use Apple Pay wherever you see one of these to access an ATM and withdraw money:
3. Open the Wallet app. And select the debit card. Tap your iPhone on the symbol on the ATM.
4. Authenticate via Face ID or Touch ID.
5. Enter your ATM Pin code if asked.
6. Use the ATM to finalize your transaction.
Which ATMs you can use Apple Pay?
There are several banks that offer cordless ATMs where you can use Apple Pay to withdraw cash without the need for a physical card. Some of them are:
- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo
ATMs that don’t allow Apple Pay
Some of these banks may offer cordless ATMs but you may have to use their app.
- Bank of Hawaii
- City National Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
- First Farmers Bank & Trust
- HomeStreet Bank
- PlainsCapital Bank
- BB&T Bank