This article explains how you can fix your Walkie Talkie problems on your Apple Watch. The Walkie Talkie app lets you have audio chats in real-time via your watch. Walkie Talkie offers a fun and quick way to communicate and it is simple and easy to use. However, sometimes you may run into problems trying to talk with your friends. It is possible the app may stop working.
Here are some troubleshooting steps to try when Walkie Talkie doesn’t work:
Please try each step until your problem is fixed:
1. First, let’s make sure that Apple’s Walkie Talkie and FaceTime (Walkie Talkie is a FaceTime feature) servers are up and running. Potential downtime or issues with the Walkie Talkie services can lead to problems. You can easily check this. Here is how:
- Open a web browser on your iOS, iPadOS or macOS device.
- Visit the Apple Support System Status page.
- Locate the Walkie Talkie service. Also, find FaceTime.
- If it is green, it is up and running. This means that the problem is on your end. Please see the tips below to fix it.
- It is red, then it is down and offline. This means that the Walkie Talkie service s likely disrupted, and thus not functioning as intended. This further means that you should just wait. Apple will fix it.
2. Update your watch and phone. Make sure that your Apple Watch and iPhone are running the latest version of watchOS and iOS. Make sure that you first update your phone and then your watch. Here is how you can update:
- Update your iPhone: There are two ways to do this:
- You can update wirelessly: On your device, tap Settings > General > Software Update. This will check for updates. And if there is an update available, follow the onscreen instructions.
- You can also update your device using your computer. Simply connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes or Finder and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Update your watch. There are also two to do this:
- You can update your watch using your iPhone: On your iPhone, open the Watch app, and then tap General > Software Update.
- You can also update directly. On your watch, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
See this article if you are unable to install Apple Watch updates.
3. FaceTime is required for Walkie-Talkie to work. Make sure that both you and your friend:
- have FaceTime installed on the iPhone. You may not see the Walkie Talkie app if there is no FaceTime on your iPhone. If you deleted the app, you can redownload and reinstall,
- have FaceTime turned on on their devices. You can do this by going to Settings > FaceTime,
- are signed in with their Apple IDs,
- need to be able to make FaceTime Audio calls,
- and make sure that FaceTime is working properly.
4. Is the Walkie-Talkie app missing on your watch? Again this may be due to the fact that you had deleted the FaceTime app. If this is the case, you need to redownload and reinstall the FaceTime app by going to the App Store on your iPhone.
You reinstalled the app and you still do not see the Walkie-Talkie app. It is possible that you deleted the Walkie-Talkie app from your Apple Watch. You can also redownload and reinstall the Walkie-Talkie app on your watch. Here is how:
- Open the App Store app on your watch.
- Tap the search field and search the app using Dictation or Scribble.
- Tap the cloud icon.
- Then download and install the app.
5. If you run into problems trying to send or receive a Walkie-Talkie invitation, please make sure that the FaceTime settings are set up correctly. Furthermore, on your iPhone, go to Settings > FaceTime and find the “you can be reached by FaceTime at” section and then ensure that your email address is selected.
You can also try to resent the invitation. Here is how you can do this:
- On your watch, open the Walkie Talkie app.
- Swipe left the contact.
- Tap delete.
- Then resend the invitation.
6. Restart your watch and iPhone. Here is how:
- Restart your iPhone:
- iPhone X, 11 or later: Press and hold the volume up or down and the side buttons together until you see the power off slider. Then drag the slider. And wait 1 minute. Then press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Other iPhone models: Press and hold the side or top button until the power off slider appears. And drag the slider. Wait 1 minute. Then press and hold the side or top button until you see the Apple logo.
- Restart your watch: Press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears. Then drag the slider. Wait 1 minute. Then turn your watch back on by pressing and holding the side button until the Apple logo appears.
7. Please ensure that the Date & Time settings are set up correctly. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Date & Time. Is everything correct? You should also turn on the “Set Automatically” option.
8. Please note that since FaceTime is not available everywhere, Walkie-Talkie will not work everywhere.
See this article if you can’t turn on your Apple Watch.