Safari Reading List is an Apple feature that allows you to save web pages you want to read later. It stores the page in a list that you can access from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. It’s a great feature if you find yourself needing to save a lot of web pages for future reference.
However, some users find the Reading List to be a distraction and might want to get rid of it from their device. If you’re one of those users, then read on to find out how to remove the Safari Reading List.
In this article, we will tell you:
- How to remove the Reading List from the left side of your Safari window.
- How to remove the Reading List from your Start Page in Safari.
- How to delete one or more items from your Reading List, including how to easily delete multiple items.
How to get rid of Reading List from the left side of the window
For users with an iPad or Mac, it may be that you just want to get rid of the Reading List from the left side of the Safari window.
Reading List on Mac
Open the Safari app, then do one of the following:
- Click on the Hide/Show sidebar button.
- From the menu bar at the top, click on View, then click on Hide Sidebar or Hide Reading List Sidebar.
Reading List on iPad
Open the Safari app, then click on the Hide/Show sidebar button.
Remove Reading List from Safari Start Page
If your Reading List is showing up on your Start Page, you can change this.
On iPhone or iPad
- From the Start Page in Safari, tap on the Edit button at the bottom of the page.
- Toggle the switch next to Reading List to turn it off.
- Open the Start Page in Safari on your Mac.
- In the lower-right corner of the window, you should see a button that looks like three horizontal lines with three dots on them. Click on this button.
- Uncheck the box next to Reading List.
How to delete Reading List items
If you have more than one Apple device, you may be syncing your Reading List across your devices. If this is true, when you delete items from the Reading List on one device, they will be deleted on all of your devices.
Delete Reading List on Mac
- Open Safari and click on the Show sidebar button (or go to the top menu bar and click on View, then Show Reading List Sidebar).
- You can choose to delete individual items or delete the entire Reading List.
- To delete an item, right-click (Control-click) on the item, then select Remove Item.
- To delete the entire list, right-click (Control-click) on one item, then select Clear All Items…
Delete Reading List on iPhone or iPad
- Open Safari, then:
- On iPad, tap on the Show sidebar button and, if necessary, select Reading List.
- On iPhone, tap on the button that looks like a book at the bottom of the window. Tap on the glasses to open the Reading List.
- Tap on Edit.
- Select items you want to delete by tapping the circle next to each item. Pro Tip: Swipe your finger down along the column of circles to select multiple items in one swipe.
- Tap Delete.
- Safari iCloud Bookmarks Not Updating on Other Devices
- Where Do Downloads Go in Safari on iPhone or iPad?
- How to Open Multiple Safari Windows on iPad
- What Does Pinning a Tab Do in Safari?
- Safari Says: Not Secure. What Does It Mean?
- How To Recover Lost Safari Bookmarks – iCloud
- How To See The Full Web Site Address In Safari URL Bar