Some of our readers have reported that they are unable to turn on iPhone or iPad. More specifically, it has been reported that the iPhone or iPad does not boot into iOS (iOS device will not start up) when it is connected to a power outlet.
When the iPhone or iPad is plugged in, the Apple logo appears for about 3 seconds, then disappears (blank screen) for about 2 seconds and this process (the Apple logo keeps flashing) repeats itself indefinitely.
Are you having this problem too? Is your iOS device stuck on the Apple logo loop?
Here is how you can fix:
Stuck on Apple Logo Screen?
1- First try force starting your device. First make sure that your device is connected to a power source. And charge your iPad or iPhone for at least 15 minutes. Then:
- If you own an iPhone 7: press and hold the on/off (sleep/wake) and volume down buttons until you see the Apple logo (ignore the “Slide to power off” screen if you see it).
- If you own other iOS devices (iPhone 6, iPad or iPod etc): press and hold the on/off and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo (ignore the “Slide to power off” screen if you see it).
2-If you are still having this issue, then follow these steps:
- For this, you will need to use a computer, PC or Mac, with iTunes installed.
- Turn off your iOS device
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer with the USB cable.
- Now on your computer open iTunes
- Now iTunes will say that it has detected an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad in recovery mode. You will see the option to Restore or Update. Simply choose Update.
If you are still having the issue, contact Apple support.