iPhone Video or Photo Geotag Location Not Working? Fix
Several users have said that iPhone photos or videos are not showing location information on where they were taken. Your iPhone can tag the photos and videos you take with geolocations. This is a very convenient and enjoyable feature. This feature lets you organize, search, find and explore your photos based on the GPS location where you took them. Several users have reported that:
- The iPhone does not show the geotag location information.
- Photos or videos show inaccurate location tags.
When your photos and videos are tagged with geolocations, you can:
- You can view your photos by location (Photos > Albums > Places).
- You can see where your photos are taken. You can also see your photos on a map.
When you swipe up a photo, see the photo details:
Some users have said that they began experiencing this problem after updating their devices. Some users have said that this problem affects only certain photos. Are you having this problem too? Are the photos or videos you’re taking with your iPhone 6s not adding a location? In this article, we explain how you can troubleshoot when the Camera app is not geotagging your photos.
Your iPhone uses GPS and Location Services to gather geographical information about where a photo was taken. You will see an arrow icon when Location Services is being used.
You can hide your photos’ locations from others when sharing them. You can share your location also. If you want, you can also see your location history.
Please try the steps below in order until you have fix your problem:
Before you do anything, simply restart your device to see restarting helps you fix this “photos” problem.
1. Make sure that you’ve installed the latest iOS software updates on your iPhone. You can check for updates by going to Settings > General > Software Update. And if there is an update, follow the onscreen instructions.
2. Make sure that Location Services is enabled. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and ensure that Location Services on. If it is already turned on, turn it off, wait 10 seconds, and then turn it on. Furthermore, make sure that Maps and Camera are allowed to use Location Services by setting them to “While Using the App”.
3. Check the date and time on your device to ensure that they are set correctly for your location. On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > Date & Time. If you see anything wrong, change it. You can also enable the option to set date and time automatically by turning on Set Automatically.
4. It is possible that Location Services may not be working properly. It is important that Location Services work properly. Because the Photos app and Camera are using your phone’s location via GPS to tag photos or photos. You may want to reset Location Services. On your device, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Location & Privacy. Then follow the onscreen instructions. This will reset your location settings to the factory default.
5. If resetting Location Services does not fix it, you may want to reset all settings. This will return your iPhone’s settings to the defaults. This includes network settings, display settings, location settings, etc. But this will not erase your data or media, e.g., your photos will not be deleted. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Then follow the onscreen instructions.
6. If you are seeing an inaccurate location address or map, Apple Maps could be responsible. Apple Maps is not perfect, and it is known that Apple Maps may not always work. There may be nothing wrong with your device and it is possible that your phone works as expected. Apple Maps offers a correction feature that you can use. Here is how:
- Open the photo that shows an inaccurate location.
- Swipe up and reveal the map.
- Under the map, you will see the photo’s address. Tap that to open the address in Apple Maps.
- Apple Maps will open. In the upper-right corner, you will see the info (i) button. Tap that.
- Then tap Report an Issue.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions to report your issue.
If you are still having this problem, you may want to contact Apple for further support.