Paying your Apple Card’s balance may work a little differently than with your other credit cards. Most who have an Apple Card also have an iPhone, and it is through the iPhone Wallet app that most people make payments on the card. However, there are other ways to pay the card; this is important because there may be situations where someone needs to pay the balance on their card but they do not have access to their iPhone. In this article, we will explain the various ways you can pay the balance on your Apple Card credit card using your iPad.
In Settings on iPad
You can access your Apple Card in the Settings app on your iPad. Although iOS and iPadOS are very similar, iPadOS does not have a Wallet app. To pay your Apple Card from your iPad’s Settings app:
- Open the Settings app and tap on Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Select your Apple Card from under the Payment Cards section.
- Under Payments, tap on Make a Payment.
- You will see a pop-up asking you to choose an amount. You will also see if you have a payment due. Inside the circle, in light grey letters, you will see your card balance and any interest charges you may have. In the very center of the circle is the amount you are going to pay on your Apple Card.
- You have a couple of ways to choose the amount you are going to pay on the card:
- The large circle in the pop-up window is like a slider. Take the little circle with a star in it that is located on the big circle and move it clockwise to increase the payment amount, counter-clockwise to decrease the payment amount.
- Tap on Show Keypad. On the keypad, you can enter the amount you wish to pay.
- Tap on Pay Now to make the payment immediately or on Pay Later to schedule the payment for a later date.
Pay Apple Card in a browser
If you do not have your iPhone available, you can pay your Apple Card from a browser (like Safari or Chrome) on your iPad or any other device. You can use another phone, tablet or computer; it does not have to be an Apple device.
Just like with other credit cards, Apple Card has a website where you can see your balance, view your transaction history and make payments on your card. To pay your Apple Card from a browser on your iPad:
- Open Safari or another browser.
- In the search field at the top, enter card.apple.com.
- Tap on the Sign In button.
- You may be asked if you want to sign in to card.apple.com with your Apple ID. You can either authenticate with Touch ID (or Face ID) or, if you don’t want to use that particular Apple ID, you can tap on Use a different Apple ID and enter your Apple ID and password.
- From the Apple Card website, you will see many of the same options you are used to from other credit card sites. You can set up or manage scheduled payments or make a payment. If you don’t have a payment due, you can tap on the Pay More button. Enter the amount you wish to pay, then tap on Pay Now.