The Always-On display on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max is pretty cool. It allows you to see the time, date, widgets and wallpaper you have on your customized Lock Screen. The dimmed Always-On display doesn’t use much power. Although the screen dims shortly after you stop looking at your phone, there are times when even this dim screen is too bright.
The Always-On display is turned on by default in the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max. In this article, we will tell you how you can turn off the Always-On display completely and how to turn it off temporarily, like when you are sleeping.
Video of this article:
When your Always-On display goes dark automatically
Some of the times your Always-On display will go dark automatically include:
- When your phone is face down or in a bag or pocket.
- When your phone is connected to CarPlay.
- When your phone is in Low Power or Sleep Mode.
How to turn the Always-On display off completely
- Open Settings, then tap on Display & Brightness.
- Scroll down and tap on the switch next to Always On to toggle it off.
How to turn off the Always-On display at night
If you’re like me, your iPhone is charging on your nightstand while you sleep. If the dimmed Lock Screen is too bright for you while you are sleeping, you can use Sleep Mode to turn it off during the night hours.
Use Sleep Mode
If you haven’t set up Sleep Mode, you will need to in order to use it to turn off your Always-on display automatically.
- Open Settings, then tap on Focus.
- Tap on Sleep, then scroll down to the Schedule section.
- If you have never set a sleep schedule, tap on the Health app link. Follow the onscreen instructions and set up a bedtime and wake up time. You may want to turn off the Alarm option.
- If you have set a schedule previously, tap on Not Set under Bedtime or Wake Up. You may want to turn off the Alarm option. Tap on Done after you set your schedule.
- You can also edit your Sleep schedule by opening the Health app, tapping on the Browse tab and then selecting Sleep.
- After you have set up your Sleep schedule, your Always-On display will be turned off during your scheduled sleep hours.
Turn off your Always-On display quickly whenever you want
Your Always-On display will be turned off while your iPhone is in Sleep Mode. You can easily turn on Sleep Mode from Control Center. For this, you do not need to set a Sleep schedule.
- Swipe down from the upper-right corner of your screen to open Control Center.
- Tap on Focus —the word Focus (or else another Focus mode may be turned on if you hit the circle button).
- Tap on Sleep.
- To turn off Sleep, open Control Center and tap on the Sleep button.