Roku Apple TV App Not Working? How to Fix
Several users are watching Apple TV on your Roku device. If you are a Roku streaming device owner, you can watch your purchased or rented iTunes movies and TV shows, access Apple TV Channel subscriptions, and watch Apple TV+ originals, provided you have a subscription to Apple TV+.
Several users have said that the Apple TV app for Roku is not working as expected. Some of the problems include:
- Login failures
- The app freezes and does not launch
- Apple TV gets stuck on the start screen
- The app is running very slowly
- Green screens and poor video quality
- Error messages such as “Video Not Available” or “Playback Failed”.
This article lists several steps you can try to fix this problem. If you are unable to use Apple TV with your Roku, then this article is for you.
See also: How to Get your HomePod (Mini) to Connect to Apple TV
Which Roku devices work with Apple TV?
Not all Roku devices support Apple TV. You may want to find out if your model is compatible with Apple TV. If your device is not compatible, you will not be able to install the app.
If you are not sure if your device is compatible, first, figure out the device model by going to Settings > System > About. This screen will display your model number. Then you can see if one of these compatible models below:
- Roku TV: 7000x, C000x, 8000x, A000x, 6000x
- Roku Streambar: 9102x
- Roku Smart Soundbar: 9101x
- onn. Roku Smart Soundbar: 9100x
- Roku Express: 3900x, 3930x
- Roku Express+: 3910x, 3931x
- Roku HD: 3932x
- Roku Streaming Stick: 3600x, 3800x
- Roku Streaming Stick+: 3810x, 3811x
- Roku Premiere: 3920x, 4620x
- Roku Premiere+: 3921x, 4630x
- Roku Ultra: 4640x, 4660x, 4661x, 4670x, 4800x
- Roku Ultra LT: 4662x
- Roku 2: 4205x, 4210x
- Roku 3: 4200x, 4230x
See also: Netflix Won’t Open on Apple TV, How to Fix
Simply restarting your device may fix your problem. Here is how:
- You can restart your device by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
- Or alternatively, you can unplug the power cord, and wait about 2 minutes, and then plug it in again.
See also: YouTube Not Working on Apple TV? Fix
Update your device to the latest version of the software. You can manually check for updates:
- On your remote, press the Home button.
- Select Settings.
- Select System.
- Select System update.
- Select Check Now and then follow the onscreen instructions if there is an update available.
Please note that if this will check if there is new Roku software available or there are updates for the Apple TV app.
See also: How to Set Up Apple TV when Remote is Lost or not Responding
Reset Apple TV, restart, and sign in
If your device is compatible but you are not able to access the Apple TV content, the next step is to reset to the original settings. Doing so will remove all of your personal information. Here is how:
- On Roku, open the Apple TV channel.
- Open Settings.
- And select “Reset Apple TV app”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Now restart your Roku. You can do so by going to the Home menu > Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
Then after your device restarts, open the Apple TV channel and go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in. And then sign in using your Apple ID and password.
See also: Apple TV App Store Not Working? Fix
Uninstall and reinstall
If you are still having issues, the next step is to remove the Apple TV channel and add again. Here is how:
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Select Streaming Channels.
- Find Apple TV.
- Click the OK.
- Select Remove channel.
Now restart your Roku device. Then install Apple TV again:
- Press the Home button.
- Select Streaming Channels.
- Select Search Channels.
- Search Apple TV.
- Select Apple TV.
- Press OK.
- Select Add Channel.
Signing in problems
Are you experiencing issues with signing in to your Apple ID on Roku? The try the following tips:
- Ensure that you enter your Apple ID and password correctly.
- If you forgot your Apple ID password, there are a few steps you can take. See Apple’s documentation to reset it.
See also: Apple One: What’s Included in the Free Trial Bundle?
Thank you for this info.
Apple and Roku support were not helpful