Apple’s new all-in-one subscription service is now available. It bundles (up to) six different services into one package, for one monthly fee. Apple One has three plan options; each with a one month free trial. We’ll help you decide if the Apple One bundle is right for you, and tell you how you can sign up for the free trial.
In this article, we’ll tell you about the services available in Apple One, the costs and services included in each plan, and the details of the free trial offer. We will also break down the costs for each of the services when purchased separately (without the Apple One bundle). We’ll lay out the information so you can see the pros and cons and the cost benefits of subscribing to an Apple One bundle. Then, you can decide which plan, if any, is right for you.
First, we will describe each of the services that are available in Apple One. There are six different services, but they aren’t all available in each plan. Next, we’ll discuss the costs and services for the three different plan options. Finally, we’ll explain what’s included, and what isn’t included, in the free trial and how you can sign up.
Apple Music boasts over 70 million songs that you can stream or download to your device. You can create playlists, listen to playlists created by others, and listen to live radio. Thinking of a song you want to hear? Just ask Siri to play it for you. You can stream music to your Apple Watch when you’re away from your iPhone, and you can enjoy Apple Music in your car with CarPlay. Without Apple One, monthly prices are: Student – $4.99, Individual – $9.99 and Family – $14.99.
Watch Apple TV+ originals anytime, anywhere from your favorite Apple device using the AppleTV app or watch on streaming platforms like Roku and fire tv, smart TVs or online. New content added monthly. Without Apple One, the monthly price is $4.99.
With Apple Arcade, you can play over 100 games from categories like puzzle and adventure games, sports, racing and action games. Play single or multiplayer games.
See also: Apple Arcade Not Working
- No ads or in-app purchases
- Play online or off
- Start playing on one device, continue on another
- Play with Xbox, PlayStation and MFi game controllers
To explore the games available on Apple Arcade, go to App Store > Arcade on Mac, iPhone or iPad. Without Apple One, monthly prices are $4.99.
iCloud is a place to store your files and photos. There’s plenty more to say about iCloud, so if you’re not already familiar with iCloud, you can check out some of our previous articles linked below. Without Apple One, monthly prices are: Free for 5GB, $0.99 for 50GB, $2.99 for 200GB and $9.99 for 2TB.
More on iCloud:
- What is iCloud?
- How to Share Files and Folders in iCloud Drive
- How To Upgrade & Downgrade or Cancel Your iCloud Storage Plan
Apple News+ gives you access to full magazine issues from hundreds of magazines and to news stories from top newspapers. You also get Apple News+ audio stories for those who prefer to listen to their news. You can view a list of all publications included in an Apple News+ subscription. Without Apple One, the monthly price is $9.99.
Apple Fitness+ is set to come out later this year and is designed for use with an Apple Watch. With Fitness+ you’ll have access to workouts designed by top trainers with new workouts every week. As Apple describes it, it will integrate your personal metrics from your Apple Watch with Apple Music to provide an inspirational workout.
The idea is you will follow the workout on your iPhone, iPad or on Apple TV and your personal metrics will be displayed on screen for you. There will be a variety of workout categories to choose from. Without Apple One, the monthly price is $9.99, or you can pay $79.99 for one year.
Here are the plans, their prices and a list of which services are included.
** There are free offers for many of the six Apple services when you purchase a device from Apple, or when you sign up with a cell service. Some of these offers are:
- Apple offers 1 year of Apple TV+ free when you buy an Apple device.
- Apple offers 3 mo. of Apple Arcade free when you buy an Apple device.
- Everyone gets 5GB of iCloud storage for free.
- Apple Fitness+ is included for 3 mo. when you buy an Apple Watch.
- Verizon, for example, currently offers 6 mo. of Apple Music with some service plans.
We want to note that, instead of signing up for a free trial of Apple One, you may also want to consider signing up for free trials of the services individually. This may be especially useful for those who have used some of these services before – see the last bullet point below.
In order to sign up for the free trial for Apple One:
- You will need to subscribe to one of the plans above: Individual, Family or Premier.
- After you sign up, the first month of your Apple One subscription is free.
- You are free to cancel anytime, but you must cancel before the end of the free trial period, or you will continue to be charged the monthly subscription costs.
- Services are only free if you’ve never signed up for them before.
How to Sign Up for the Free Trial
- Update your devices to the latest iOS, iPadOS or macOS .
- On iPad or iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Go to Settings. Tap your name, then select Subscriptions. You’ll see the option to Get Apple One.