This article explains how you can delete songs, albums, or playlists in the Music app from your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac.
You may want to delete music from your device for various reasons. For example, you may want to free up space. Or you may simply not want some songs that you want to get rid of.
Remove music from your Apple Watch
You can remove music from your watch using your paired iPhone. Follow the steps below:
1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
2. Tap the My Watch tab. And scroll down and tap Music.
3. In the upper-right corner, you will see the Edit button. Note: If you do not see this button, it means that no music is added to your watch. You can sync music by tapping the “Add Music” button.
4. Tap the delete (-) button next to the music that you want to delete. When you are down, tap Done.
Remove music from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
There are two ways to do this, in Settings or in the Music app. If you want to delete all of your songs, you will need to use Settings. Here is how:
See also: Can’t Turn On iCloud Music Library? Fix
1. Open the Music app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
2. Select an item to delete. It can be a playlist, an album or a song.
3. Tap and hold the item until a menu appears. From the menu tap Remove.
4. A new menu will appear saying “This song has been downloaded to this iPhone (or iPad). Do you want to delete it from your Library, or remove the download from this iPhone?” Then tap Remove Download or Delete from Library.
You can also use your iPhone’s or iPad’s settings to remove music from your device. Here is how:
1. Open the Setting app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Go to General > iPhone Storage or iPad Storage.
3. Scroll down and tap Music. Find an item to delete, it can be a song, an artist or an album. And swipe left. This will reveal a red Delete button. Tap Delete. If you want to delete all of your songs, then swipe left on “all songs” and tap Delete.
Remove music from your Mac
We will use the Apple Music app. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the Music app on your Mac. (You can use Spotlight to open the app)
2. In the Music app, click Artists, Albums, Songs under Library in the sidebar. Or you can select a Playlist to delete.
3. When you find the item (playlist, song, album, or artist) you want to delete. Then click the (…) more icon, if you do not see the (…) more icon, hold the pointer over an item for it to appear. Or you can right-click (control-click) the item. This will open a menu. Then select “Delete from Library”. You can delete individual songs, or multiple songs by deleting playlists, or albums.
4. A popup will appear saying “are you sure you want to delete this song from your Cloud Music Library? This will delete this song from all of your devices using Cloud Music Library.” Click Delete Song if you want to continue.