Some users have reported that they are unable to view recent phone calls (calls they have received or made) and/or missed calls because their devices are not showing their recent call history.
Your iPhone records all calls. Your call history, also called recent calls, has two viewing options: All (outgoing and incoming calls) and Missed. The call history section (recent tab) allows you to see a list of people (your contacts and other numbers) who have called you.
If you cannot see your call history, there are a few fixes that you may try. Sometimes, when you open Phone > Recent, you may see some of the calls, but not all of them. This problem can be very frustrating because, for instance, if you cannot see your missed calls, you do not know who called and you will not be able to return the call.
Please note that you can see the 100 most recent calls and groups. Also, note that some recent calls and missed calls can be grouped if they are from the same person or number.
Please note that if you have multiple devices and if you are signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices, and if you answer a call on a different device (Mac, or iPad), these calls will not show up in the recent list. Furthermore, if you’re in an area without cellular network coverage, the call you receive will go directly to your voicemail and the recent call list will not show these. If this is the case, your voicemails will also be delayed. And lastly, this issue may also occur on your iPad.
Missing recent calls?
- Restart your iPhone: Try this first. Simply restart your device to fix this problem. This is a very simple process. Here is how you can do this:
- iPhone X, 11, 12, or later and iPad without a Home button models: Press and hold the volume up or down and the power button (side or top) until the power off screen appears. Then drag the power off slider. Wait 30 seconds. Then press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears.
- Other iPhone and iPad models: Press and hold the power button (side or top) until you see the power off slider appear. Drag the slider. Wait 30 seconds. And then press and hold the power button again to turn on your device until the Apple logo appears.
- Force close the Phone app and restart: You can close the Phone app and restart again. Do not worry, this will not delete anything. Here is how:
- iPhone X and iPad: Unlock your device and swipe up from the bottom of your screen. Now you will see the most recently used apps. Find the Phone app (you can swipe left or right), and touch and hold the up and press the red minus (-) icon to close. Then tap the Phone icon and open the Phone app.
- iPhone 8 and earlier and other iPad models: Double press the home button. Then find the Phone app and swipe up on the Phone app card to close it.
- Update your iPhone: A new update may be available. Check for updates and make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of the iOS software. If not, a new update may fix this problem. You can easily update your iPhone wirelessly. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Disable and enable Cellular: On your iPhone, tap Settings > Cellular and toggle off Cellular Data wait several seconds, and turn it back on.
- Enable and disable Airplane Mode: On your iPhone, go to Settings and turn on Airplane mode and wait several seconds and turn it off again.
- Reset network settings: On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Settings and then tap Reset Network Settings (you may have to enter your passcode). Note that resetting your network settings will erase your network settings like your Wi-Fi passwords etc.
- Reset all settings: If resetting network settings does not work, try resetting all settings. This will restore your device to the default settings. But your data and content will not be deleted. Simply go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Carrier settings update: You can check for an update. Go to Settings > General > About and if there is an update, a popup will appear. Simply follow the onscreen instructions.