How to Contact an App Developer
This article explains how you can contact an iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, tvOS or macOS developer. If an app is not working as expected on your device, one of the troubleshooting methods you should try is to contact its developer to get help.
Most Apple apps are designed and built by third-party developers. A lot of users download and purchase apps and games from the Apple App Store. If you need help, you may want to contact the developer directly.
When to contact a developer
If you experience any of the following conditions, you should contact the developer to resolve your problem:
- Your device (iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc) is working, all apps are working, except for one.
- One app is causing your device to crash or freeze.
- One app is unresponsive.
- One app keeps freezing.
Important: If you want to request a refund from an app, you should contact Apple.
- How to Cancel Your iTunes (apps, iTunes Store, iBooks, etc) Purchases.
- “APL*ITUNES/BILL”, What Is This?
If you are having an issue with a built-in app (e.g., when FaceTime is not working), then you should contact Apple. Here is how you can contact Apple:
How to contact a developer
Please follow the steps below to find contact information:
iOS, iPadOS, and watchOS apps
- Open the App Store on your device. Please ensure that you are signed with the same Apple ID that you used to purchase the app initially.
- Find the app to see its developers info. There are a few ways to find the app:
- Search for the app using the Search field.
- Or tap Today > your photo > Purchased > select My Purchases (if you are using Family Share) and find the app.
- Tap the app, this will open the App Information page.
- Scroll down and find the Ratings & Reviews section.
- You will see a button saying App Support. Tap that. This will open a page. Safari will open and you will be redirected to the developer’s support page.
- Cannot Connect to the App Store.
- App Store: Unable to Download App?
- App Store Shows White Blank Screen, Fix.
Unlike iOS or iPadOS, there are two ways to download and install apps on your Mac:
- You can find and install apps from the Mac App Store.
- You can also download and install apps directly from a developer’s website.
Apps downloaded from the Mac App Store
- Open the App Store app on your Mac. Ensure that you sign in with the same Apple ID that you used to download the app.
- Find the app. You can use the Search field or click your name to see your purchased apps. Click the app to open the App Information page.
- And scroll down and find the Ratings & Reviews section.
- Click the App Support button.
Apps downloaded from a developer’s website
- Simply visit the page again that you used to download the item originally.
- You can also search the Internet.
- And you will see the developer’s contact info.
Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD
- From the Home screen, choose the App Store app on your Apple TV.
- Find the app by choosing Purchased.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
Other Apple TV models
You may try to search the Internet.
See also: Apple TV app store not working?